Who Are We?
- We are a people whose primary plea is for religious unity based upon the Bible.
- We believe that the Bible is the only possible common denominator on which most,
if not all, of the God-fearing people of the land can unite.
- Our plea is for a return to the Bible.
- Our objective is religious unity of all believers in Jesus Christ.
- Our basis is the New Testament Scriptures.
- Our method is the restoration of New Testament Christianity.
A central part of the worship is the eating of the Lord’s supper (Acts 20:7). Unless providentially hindered, each member considers this weekly appointment as a great privilege. The Lord’s Supper takes the worshiper to the past as we remember the sacrifice of our Lord, to the future as we anticipate His return, and to the present as we reflect on our fellowship with one another, (1 Corinthians 11:23-32).
Our practice of baptism by immersion is the natural conclusion to the teachings of the New Testament. The apostle Paul speaks of baptism as a burial and a resurrection (Romans 6:3-5) which would give indication that only immersion would be acceptable.